Participate :: Art
Artwork Entry Form (for non-grant applications) Open February 15 - May 15, 2017
Center Camp Gallery
In 2015 & 2016, PEXFest Center Camp created a visually stunning art gallery of many local artists that we are excited to create again. Artists are invited to submit artwork in 2D and 3D, including painting (any medium), photography, and sculpture.The artists, innovators and idea manifestors are the backbone of the magic within our community. This event is a co-creative process. It is with your help, heart and honor that we will have all of the essential ingredients to our conglomerate masterpiece. We are thrilled to extend our land, energy and experience to the common thread of positive-minded creators who will participate in all styles. This means YOU! Yes, YOU!
Note that your art will remain up for the entirety of the festival - upon acceptance we will contact you with specific dates and time for set up and take down of your art. You are responsible for transporting your art unless alternative transportation is requested.
Want to bring art? Bring it!
Art is desired in every dimension! Bring your ideas, innovations, unique visions and creativity and help us to explore the depths of who we really are! We are inviting artists, performers, sculptors, musicians, dancers, builders, and creative people of all types! Any personal and non-risk art pieces are welcome at the event.
We are currently accepting submissions for:
- Center Camp live painters
- Center Camp 2D and 3D art
- Large scale art
If you are not sure if you fit these categories, ask! To apply, fill out the Artwork Entry Form here. Artwork Entry deadline is May 15th.
Please note that the Artwork Entry Form is NOT for Art Grant Applications. If you would like to apply for a PEX Summer Festival Art Grant, please complete the Art Grants Application by March 30th.
Our art placement team will work with you to place your art and help with any logistical situations. Questions? Email email@example.com.
We will list your artwork in the PEX Summer Festival's "What Where When!" Guide.
This form is not required for you to bring your art unless it is large scale art, art with flame effects or to exhibit in the Center Camp Gallery.
May 15th is the Deadline for all guide submissions.
Remember that what YOU do helps to create what this year IS!
- Design projects and costumes so they minimize the use of materials that might turn into micro-trash.
- Avoid small loose elements like confetti, feathers, etc.
- Avoid materials that shed or break into pieces, like Astroturf and glass.
- Plan your construction so you avoid making waste, like cutouts from cardboard, glue drips, leftover wood, sawdust, loose staples or bent nails.
- Where these materials are unavoidable, take steps to minimize impact, like strengthening fibers with glue, or laminating glass, or enclosing their use area so pieces can’t escape.